Golden brown and delicious, these yummy fritters can also be served in mini slider buns for a vegetarian burger.
Tip: Salting the zucchini will draw out the excess moisture, making the fritters easy to shape.
Zucchini and Couscous Fritters:
- 1 pkg (7 oz) Casbah® Lemon Spinach Couscous
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Zucchini and Couscous Fritters: Prepare couscous according to package directions. Cool. Meanwhile, toss zucchini and 1/2 tsp salt. Let stand in colander fitted over a bowl. Drain for 10 minutes. Squeeze out excess moisture.
- Stir together couscous, zucchini, parmesan, bread crumbs, eggs, onion, parsley, thyme, garlic and remaining salt and pepper. Shape into sixteen 1/4 cup patties, approximately 1/2-inch thick.
- Heat oil large non-stick skillet set over medium heat. Cook fritters in batches, turning once for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake fritters for 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Yogurt Mint Sauce: Stir together yogurt, mint, lemon zest, lemon juice, oil and salt. Serve Zucchini and Couscous Fritters with sauce for dipping.