Tossed with a garlicky lemon dressing, this vegetarian dinner salad also makes a great party platter for entertaining.
Tip: Substitute pickled beets with pickled hot peppers for salad with a spicy kick.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 pkg (5 oz) Casbah® Falafel Mix
- 1/2 pkg (3 oz) Casbah® Hummus Mix
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 4 cups small cauliflower florets
- 6 cups loosely packed chopped kale
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp each ground cumin
- 4 small pita bread, warmed and quartered
- 1 cup sliced pickled beets
- Prepare falafel mix and hummus mix according to package directions.
- Heat canola in large skillet set over medium-heat. Cook cauliflower and half each salt and pepper for 5 minutes or until starts to lightly char. Add 2 tbsp water; cook until water dries up and cauliflower is tender crisp. Add kale, continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk together olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, garlic, cumin and remaining each salt and pepper. Toss with cauliflower and kale. Transfer to serving platter. Top with falafel. Serve with pita bread, hummus and pickled beets.