Marinated with lemon, garlic and spices, these tasty beef skewers are loaded with veggies and served over tabouli for a light and fresh summer dinner.
- Substitute beef with pork, lamb or chicken.
- Serve with Store bought Tzatziki 227g or 8 oz
Prep Time: 10 minutes + 1 hour marinating
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 pkg (6 oz) Casbah® Tabouli Mix
- 1 lb sirloin tip, cut into 24 (1-inch) cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano and smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp each salt, pepper and brown sugar
- 1 small red onion, cut into 16 (1 inch squares)
- 1 zucchini, cut into 16 rounds
- 16 small mushrooms
- 1 red pepper, cut into 16 chunks
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Toss together beef, oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, cumin, coriander, oregano, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and brown sugar.
- Refrigerate and marinate for at least 1 hour .
- Prepare tabouli mix according to package directions.
- Alternate threading beef, onion, zucchini, mushrooms and red pepper onto 8 metal skewers or bamboo skewers. (Soak bamboo skewers in water for at least 20 minutes before using.)
- Preheat grill to medium-high; grease grate well. Grill skewers, turning occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes for medium rare or cook to desired doneness.
- Serve skewers over tabouli with lemon wedges.