This flavourful vegetarian salad with a honey cumin dressing makes a great packable lunch for work, school or picnics.
- Substitute chickpeas with lentils.
- For easy preparation buy store-bought matchstick or spiralized carrots.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 pkg (7 oz) Casbah® Organic Original Couscous
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 4 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp each salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups matchstick-cut carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced red pepper
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pistachios
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- Prepare couscous according to package directions. Cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk together oil, vinegar, shallot, lime zest, lime juice, honey, ginger, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Toss couscous, dressing, chickpeas, carrots, red pepper and green onions until well coated. Stir in dates, feta, pistachios, cilantro and mint.