This versatile gluten-free quinoa bowl makes a comforting breakfast, snack or simple dessert.
- Substitute walnuts with pecans, almonds or hazelnuts.
- Dried Fruit: Cherries, apricots.
- Chocolate lovers top with dark chocolate chips or chunks.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
- 1 pkg (7 oz) Casbah® Organic Quinoa
- 1 tbsp and1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 bananas, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Cook quinoa according to package directions , substituting with 1 cup of whole milk (and the rest with water)with brown sugar. Stir in vanilla and cinnamon.
- Divide among 4 bowls. Top with bananas, walnuts and drizzle with maple syrup. Serve warm.