Loaded with Middle Eastern toppings, this healthy take on a baked potato is packed with flavor.
- Substitute alfalfa sprouts with baby arugula or your favourite greens.
- Alternatively, pierce potatoes with fork and cook on HIGH in microwave for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
- 1/2 pkg (3 oz) Casbah® Tabouli Mix
- 2 large sweet potatoes (2 lbs)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp tahini paste
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp cilantro thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 can (275 mL) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 cup loosely packed alfalfa sprouts
- 1/4 cup halved pitted black olives
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet and pierce all over with a small pairing knife. Rub with olive oil. Bake 40- 50 minutes minutes or until fork tender.
- Bring 1/4 cup water to boil, stir in tabouli mix; cover and steam for 5 minutes.
- Whisk 2 tbsp water with tahini paste until smooth; add yogurt, garlic cilantro, lemon juice and salt. Toss in chickpeas and cooked tabouili.
- Cut each sweet potato in half lengthwise. Top with tabouli mixture, tomatoes, sprouts and black olives.