This classic Middle Eastern sandwich is a hearty vegetarian addition to any lunch menu.
Tip: Add dill pickles or pickled turnip to sandwich for zesty addition.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1 pkg (10 oz) Casbah® Falafel Mix
- 3 tbsp tahini paste
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 6 pita pockets, warmed
- 1 1/2 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Prepare falafel mix according to package directions. Whisk together tahini paste, lemon zest and lemon juice until smooth. Gradually whisk in oil, garlic, salt and cayenne. Thin with a few drops of water if needed.
- Cut a slit along one side of each pita pocket. Arrange falafel balls inside. Add lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red onion and parsley. Drizzle with tahini sauce.