This one pot Spanish inspired dinner delivers a fast and easy dinner solution that the whole family will love.
Tip: Add frozen peas to pilaf in last 5 minutes of cooking.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pkg (7 oz) Casbah® Spanish Pilaf
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 raw chorizo sausages, cut into 2-inch chunks (about 8 oz)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large saucepan or high sided skillet set over medium heat. Cook chicken and sausage for 5 minutes or starts to brown all over.
- Stir in onion, pepper and smoked paprika. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables start to soften. Stir in 2 1/4 cup water; bring to a boil. Stir in rice and seasoning mix. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 20 to 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; let sit 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato. Fluff with fork and stir in parsley.